Sunday, June 12, 2011

Preparing to Go

As many of you know, I will leave Asheville on Tuesday, June 28th for my trip to Tanzania.  Since I can't get to DC early enough for my Ethiopian Airline flight, I will need to spend the night near the Dulles Airport.  Then on Wed. June 29th I take off for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia at 12:00pm arriving at 7:45am on Thurs. June 30th.  I leave Addis Ababa at 10:20am and arrive in Mombasa, Kenya at 12:45pm.  Finally, I leave Mombasa at 1:30pm and arrive at Kilimanjaro, Tanzania at 2:30pm.  Global Service Corp will have a representative there to meet me and take me to Arusha where I will be for the first part of the project.

I'm reading lots of background material and listening to my Swahili tapes in addition to thinking about what items, clothing and gifts to take with me.  I'm very excited but feeling like I should have started the preparation much sooner.  I have just over 2 weeks to finish my preparation and will do my best to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment